What qualities make up a good pickup truck? We think it’s the combination of top-notch hauling capability with innovative technology inside and an eye-appealing design. And we’re so happy to introduce the 2019 Ram 1500 that gives you all of that and then some!
That’s because this pickup truck has been updated a lot between its improved engineering, impressive infotainment system, redesign look inside & out and more than 100 safety & security features. With that being said, let’s take a look at what’s new for the Ram 1500.
Updated Look & Feel
The first impression you’ll get of the 2019 Ram 1500 when seeing it at our dealership serving Norwalk CT is the revamped design theme called “unbreakable interlocking” due to its emphasis on a pairing of enhanced appearance & aerodynamics. A chiseled Ram’s head logo and “RAM” grilles make up the new face of the 1500, along with the all-new full LED adaptive front-lighting system with twin bi-functional projector headlamps, fog lamps & tail lamps.
You can feel more at home inside of the new Ram 1500 since it gives you a 4” longer length compared to its predecessor for a spacious interior to provide additional features and passenger comfort. Not only do you get 151.1 liters (or almost 40 gallons) of storage capacity, you can take advantage of the following changes:
- Reimagined center console with 12 different storage configuration options up front
- All-new switch bank with dedicated toggle switches, wireless charging dock and up to 5 multifunction USB ports
- True flat-load floor with integrated RamBins with tie-down rings & expandable under seat storage in the 2nd row
2nd-row 8-degree slide reclining seats
The look & feel inside warranted the Ram 1500 to receive a spot on the 2018 Ward’s 10 Best Interiors List, as well as the Cars.com Best of Show Award at the 2018 North American International Auto Show.
Ingenious Technology For Your Convenience
We’re going to first talk about the huge screen you see above inside the 2019 Ram 1500. Part of the 4th-generation Uconnect infotainment system, this is a 12” reconfigurable touchscreen display that’s able to be set in a split-screen for operating 2 applications simultaneously while including tailor-made graphics for various Ram models.
This Uconnect system also offers the following new-for-2019 features to make your driving experience even more fun:
- SiriusXM with 360L personalized listening experience for smart content & recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand audio
- SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services with 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio system with 900-watt amplifier & 10″ subwoofer
- Navigation system with 1-step voice-controlled destination entry & enhanced 3D map graphics
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay for simple smartphone integration to do numerous functions
As we said earlier, there are over 100 safety & security features offered on the 2019 Ram 1500. One that uses either the 8.4” or 12” Uconnect touchscreen is the Surround View Camera since it shows a 360-degree bird’s-eye view of vehicle to make parallel parking or getting out of your driveway or parking space so easy.
Among the other crash-prevention technologies that are available for this pickup are:
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Go & Hold for automatically maintaining a set distance from the car in front of you
- Forward Collision Warning-Plus that warns you if a crash is coming & automatically applies the brakes in conjunction with driver response
- Ready Alert Braking and Trailer-sway Damping control to ensure your cargo
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning-Plus to alert you when you’re drifting from your lane & assist with corrective action
- ParkSense Parallel/Perpendicular Park and Hill-start Assist uses ultrasonic sensors to help the driver perform technical maneuvers
More Power, More Capability
Now to why many people will choose the 2019 Ram 1500 over other pickup trucks in the Westchester NY & Fairfield County CT area: the power. Even though it weighs about 225 lbs less than its predecessor, you’ll find that the maximum payload you can haul has increased up to 2,300 lbs and the maximum towing capacity ups the ante to 12,750 lbs.
Some of the new technologies integrated to make for the smoothest ride wherever you take your truck on or off the road include:
- New frame with 98% high-strength steel
- Frequency Response Damping shocks
- Next-generation air suspension
- 14.9″ front brakes
- 4×4 Off-road Package with an electronic locking rear axle, tuned shocks, hill descent control & a 1″ lift to the suspension
The other major update under the hood is the use of the eTorque mild hybrid system on the 3.6L Pentastar V6 and 5.7L HEMI V8 engines paired with next-gen TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission to help increase fuel efficiency. eTorque combines a belt-drive motor generator unit with a 48-volt battery pack to:
- Enable start/stop function to not use up as much gas in bumper-to-bumper traffic
- Short-term torque assist to add up to 90 lb/ft of torque in the V6 or 130 lb/ft of torque in the V8
- Brake energy regeneration to recharge the battery pack
The 2019 Ram 1500 is here to test drive at our Greenwich, Connecticut dealership location. Contact Jeep Chrysler Dodge City to learn more about this innovative new pickup truck!