Over the years, the Dodge Charger has received so much recognition from automotive critics and drivers alike in the Westchester County NY & Fairfield County CT area. And the 2018 edition continues that tradition.
That’s because the 2018 Dodge Charger won the Residual Value Award from ALG in the “Full-size Car” segment for the 4th consecutive year and the Best Retained Value® Award from Edmunds in the “Large Car” category. Both of these accolades comes from the fact that this vehicle gives you value.
And who doesn’t want the most for their money? We’re certain you do, so let’s take a look at these 2 prestigious awards and what you can get in the 2018 Dodge Charger.
2018 ALG Residual Value Award
Let’s start off with the recognition that the Charger has continued to earn year over year. The Residual Value Award from ALG, a TRUECar company, reward vehicles that stand out from the pack due to their combination of long-term reliability, desirability and quality.
Jim Nguyen, President of ALG, stated that the 2018 Dodge Charger harmonizes a perfect balances the classic muscle car that this vehicle is known for being and a traditional sedan that many car shoppers are looking for. He also touted that the Charger offers a wide range of powertrain and comfort features for the high value you get.
The powertrain options you can choose from in this year’s Charger are comprised of:
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 getting up to an EPA-estimated 30 mpg on the highway while delivering 300 hp
- The legendary 5.7L HEMI V8 delivering 370 hp & 395 lb/ft of torque
- 392 HEMI V8 that increases the capability to 485 hp & 475 lb/ft of torque
- Supercharged 6.2L HEMI SRT Hellcat V8 upping the ante to 707 hp & 650 lb/ft of torque
A few of the Charger’s comfort features that are available include:
- Heating for both rows of seating & cooling capability for the front row
- Nappa leather seating material
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control
- Heated performance steering wheel
2018 Edmunds Best Retained Value Award
Beating out popular vehicles like the 2018 Chevy Impala and 2018 Toyota Avalon, the Dodge Charger earned the Best Retained Value Award for 2018 because of its projected private party residual value in 5 years, which is expressed as a percentage of its average True Market Value®.
What is Edmunds True Market Value? This statistic, also known as TMV, is based off of actual sales figures of other “Large Car” category members and what other shoppers are paying in the our area including options, the color of the vehicle and any incentives available.
There are 15 color choices for the Charger including new-for-2018 F8 Green & IndiGo Blue, along with many other standard & available options such as:
- Uconnect 4 infotainment system with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- Parkview rear backup camera
- ParkSense rear park assist
- Lane departure warning
- Beats premium audio system
- All-Wheel Drive
The 2018 Dodge Charger is available now at our dealership serving Norwalk CT. Contact Jeep Chrysler Dodge City to learn more about this muscle car or to schedule a test drive at our showroom location on Route 1 in Greenwich, Connecticut!