It’s the 25th anniversary of the Jeep Grand Cherokee being on the roads of the Westchester and Fairfield County area and the 2018 model gives us many enhancements and a few new versions that give you a unique driving experience.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Adds 3 Models
There are 3 new choices to pick from for the most-awarded SUV ever. The first one is the 707-horsepower 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. We went into more detail about this one in an earlier blog post, but it takes performance driving to the new level.
The second is a pure celebration of this vehicle’s 25th anniversary: the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sterling Edition. The Sterling Edition adds to the Limited trim’s feature lineup to include:
- Platinum Chrome badging, lower fascia applique, grille rings, roof rails & fog lamp bezels
- Platinum tow hooks
- “25th Anniversary” badge
- Heritage 20” Heritage wheels
- Heritage perforated seating with decorative stitching
- Leather-trimmed instrument panel & center console
- Real Metal Package
- Uconnect 8.4
- 9-speaker Alpine audio system
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Cross Path Detection
- Exclusive Sangria exterior color choice
The last one is a returning model that gives a blacked-out appearance: the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition. The High Altitude Edition enhances the Overland trim’s amenities by adding:
- Low Gloss Granite Crystal badging, grille bezels, step pad, tail lamps & 20” wheels
- Gloss Black grille
- Black Nappa perforated leather seats with black accent stitching
- Black instrument panel accent stitching
- Anodized Gun Metal interior accents
- Dual-pane sunroof
- Jeep Active Safety Group
- Blind Spot Monitoring
Don’t forget that you can also opt for the Laredo, Limited, Trailhawk, Overland, Summit & SRT trims of the Grand Cherokee, depending on your driving needs and budget.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Updates
In addition to new models, many improvements have been made to the Jeep Grand Cherokee lineup. The 2018 edition replaces the 5” screen with a larger 7” one and the 8.4” touchscreen receives Apple CarPlay & Android Auto compatibility to make integrating your smartphone easier.
These onboard Uconnect infotainment systems give you a higher-resolution screen to enhanced visibility. If you pair Uconnect with the available 9-speaker Alpine premium audio system, then your music listening experience will be enhanced thanks to the addition of active noise cancellation.
Other trim-specific updates offered in the new Grand Cherokee include:
- Premium Metal Package with upscale real metal accents (Trackhawk/Summit/SRT)
- Matte carbon fiber spears, black exterior badging & 20” Satin Carbon Spider Monkey Wheels or Low Gloss Black 20” lightweight wheels (SRT Signature Leather Wrapped Package)
- Brown interior with light diesel gray accent stitching (Overland)
- New 17” aluminum wheels & black or light frost beige cloth patterned seating (Laredo)
We have a vast selection of 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee models at our dealership serving White Plains NY, so contact Jeep Chrysler Dodge City to schedule a test drive at our Greenwich CT location or learn more about this award-winning SUV!