The Dodge Durango turns 20 this year and has had 3 vehicle generations. To commemorate this special anniversary, there’s a new model that provides many thrills behind the wheel in the Westchester and Fairfield County CT areas: the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT!
Being just the 8th Dodge vehicle to get the SRT treatment from Chrysler’s Street & Racing Technology group, this Durango utilizes a 392-cubic-inch 6.4L HEMI V8 that produces 475 horsepower and 470 lb/ft of torque. It’s paired with specifically calibrated TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission for maximum performance.
In fact, it’s able to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in as little as 4.4 seconds and hit a quarter mile in an impressive 12.9 seconds. The Dodge Durango SRT is also a family hauler with room up to 7 passengers and is able to easily tow up to 8,600 lbs thanks to the specially tuned AWD system.
2018 Dodge Durango SRT Performance Features
There are so many ways that you can get a fun ride in the 2018 Durango SRT, which has a wide body exterior to help enhance performance. For one, the new driver-oriented electronic T-shifter helps give you control with an Auto Stick selector gate and intuitive gear selection for a personalized driving experience.
Speaking of personalized driving experience, there are 7 driving modes that you can choose from to get the ride that you desire. They are comprised of:
- Auto for longer, relaxed driving conditions when driving around town or on busy highways like I-95
- Sport for kicking up the Durango SRT’s performance up a notch
- Track for maximum capability while driving on on smooth/dry surfaces
- Snow for minimizing wheel slippage when driving in the snow & other inclement conditions
- Tow for fully controlling the trailer, camper or boat you have attached on back
- Valet for a more cautious ride (the engine gets remapped to mimic the Dodge Charger V6’s power)
- ECO for getting the most out of every drop of gas in the tank
There are several other performance features that make every turn feel like you’re driving a race car and not an SUV. Some of them include:
- Active Damping System for opening & closing the suspension’s damper valves based on the driving mode
- SRT hood with functional cold-air duct & heat extractors for keeping the engine cool
- 3% stiffer front springs & 16% stiffer rear springs
- 18% stiffer rear sway bar
- Brembo high-performance brake calipers & vented rotors: 15″ 6-piston (front) & 13.8″ 4-piston (rear)
- SRT Performance Pages for showing the 180-mph speedometer & many more vital stats
Unique Dodge Durango SRT Design Cues
Owning a sporty vehicle is about more than just performance. You also expect the look and feel of a sports car inside & out and the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT delivers just that.
Let’s start with the interior. When you sit inside, you’ll be treated to:
- Heated/ventilated front & heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs with embossed SRT logos
- SRT flat-bottom performance steering wheel with SRT paddle shifters
- Hand-wrapped instrument panel with live silver accent stitch
- Performance Laguna leather & carbon fiber trim
- Premium velour bound floor mats with embroidered SRT logo
- Suede-wrapped headliner & A pillars
Coming soon for the Durango SRT will be true carbon-fiber instrument panel & door bezels. Moving to the exterior, you will make heads turn in this SUV thanks to features like:
- SRT rear body-color lower fascia with Gloss Black accent
- Nickel Chrome-finished 4” dual round exhaust tips
- 20” 5-spoke Goliath wheels or 20” split-5-spoke forged aluminum wheels with a “Black Noise” finish
- Performance AWD badging on liftgate
One more added bonus about this vehicle: all customers who buy a new Durango SRT will receive 1 full-day session at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving. Please contact our team to learn more about the 2018 Dodge Durango SRT and the other Durango models available at our Greenwich, Connecticut dealership location!