If you’re looking for a minivan and you want to think economically about your buying decision, then you should consider the 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. That’s because the Grand Caravan been helping families in the Fairfield County, Connecticut area save money for 20 years!
In fact, Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com gave the 2017 edition its 5-Year Cost to Own Award, beating out minivans like the 2017 Toyota Sienna and 2017 Nissan Quest because of the following factors:
- Anticipated costs of fuel and scheduled maintenance & repairs
- Financing, insurance & state fees
- Purchase price
- Projected depreciation
Why KBB Loves the 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan
The staff at KBB.com pointed out a few key reasons for the 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan receiving this prestigious accolade. Besides its low price, the main highlight was this minivan’s fuel economy that clocks in at up to an EPA-estimated 25 mpg thanks to the 283-hp 3.6L Pentastar V6.
They also touted about a few of the features you can get at a lower costs than the Grand Caravan’s competitors. Among them are:
- 2nd-row Stow n ‘Go seating that folds into the floor to quickly maximize your cargo space (up to 140.3 cubic feet)
- Rear entertainment system (2nd-row overhead DVD player & 9″ screen with 2 wireless headphones, video remote control, remote USB port & 115-V power outlet)
- Comfortable seating for up to 7 passengers
- Upgraded audio system featuring Bluetooth, 6 or 9 speakers, 6.5″ touchscreen, 28GB hard drive for up to 6,700 songs, Gracenote MusicID & available navigation
What’s New For 2017
There are some big changes made for the 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. Compared to its predecessor, the model lineup has been simplified from 6 to 4 trims: SE, SE Plus, SXT & GT. All of them now come standard with a 6.5” touchscreen radio with ParkView rear backup camera to help you get out of parking spaces or parallel park.
The SE Plus now comes with the popular Blacktop Appearance Package. This feature bundle gives you:
- All-black interior: headliner, door panels, console, unique black seats & door trim panels with silver accent stitching, leather-wrapped steering wheel with silver accent stitching and a leather shift knob
- Darkened exterior features: 17” polished aluminum wheels with Gloss Black pockets, Gloss Black grille and black headlamp bezels
The SXT now has the standard feature lineup of the former Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Plus model, along with technology like remote start and a security alarm. The GT trim combines the amenities of the former Dodge Grand Caravan R/T model, a navigation system and the Driver’s Convenience Group that consists of:
- Added cargo areas: single rear overhead console, overhead storage bin
- Added lights: Overhead ambient lighting, rear swiveling reading lamp and illuminated front door storage & vanity mirrors
- Added tech: 3-zone auto climate control, universal garage door opener, heated steering wheel, heated 1st- & 2nd-row seats and Uconnect Voice Command
- Window shades for the 2nd & 3rd rows
We’ll help you find the right 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan for your driving needs and budget at our dealership serving Norwalk CT. Contact our team to get more information or schedule a test drive at our Greenwich dealership location.