If you love fast and furious muscle cars, then you’ll surely enjoy the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon that’s already the talk of the Westchester County NY and Fairfield County CT area.
That’s because of the supercharged 6.2L HEMI Demon V8 engine that’s so powerful that the vehicle has been banned from competition by the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA).
These are just a few of the capability highlights offered in the 2018 Dodge Demon:
- 840 horsepower
- 770 lb/ft of torque
- 1.0 second to get from 0-30 mph
- 2.3 seconds to get from 0-60 mph
- 9.65-second quarter-mile at 140 mph
- 1.8 g g-force acceleration
- 2.92-ft wheelie from a standing start (Guinness World Record)
- 45.2” functional hood scoop that’s the largest of any production car
What’s Under the Hood
As we spoke about earlier, the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon uses a 6.2L HEMI V8 that uses unique features to enhance the performance you can get. Among them are:
- Larger 2.7L-per-rev supercharger that delivers 14.5-psi boost pressure
- Higher rpm limit of 6,500 for accommodating the increased torque
- SRT Power Chiller™ & After-Run Chiller to cool the air intake by up to 45 degrees
In addition to the engine, the Dodge Demon makes you feel like you’re driving a race car thanks to production car 1sts including:
- Air-Grabber™ induction system: includes the aforementioned 45.2” hood scoop
- TransBrake: locks the output shaft of the TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmission for more powerful & quicker launches
- Torque Reserve: boosts airflow & supercharger rpm before launch for quicker acceleration
- Drag Mode Launch Assist: prevents wheel hop during launch by increasing traction
- Drag Mode suspension tuning: improves traction by transferring weight to the rear wheels
What is Drag Mode? It’s 1 of the 3 driving modes that are available for the Challenger SRT Demon, with the other 2 being Auto (Street) Mode that’s made for riding on roads & not the strip and Custom Mode that combines elements from both for a more personalized driving experience.
Even More Dodge Demon Options
For an even more performance-oriented ride, the Demon Crate is available. Customized with the buyer’s name, VIN & serial number, the Demon Crate provides the following Direct Connection Performance Parts:
- Performance powertrain control module with high-octane engine calibration
- Replacement switch module containing high-octane button
- Conical performance air filter
- Passenger mirror block-off plate
- Narrow front-runner drag wheels
- Demon-branded track tools including hydraulic floor jack with carrying bag, cordless impact wrench with charger, torque wrench with extension & socket, tire pressure gauge, fender cover, tool bag and foam case
There will only be 3,000 of these special Dodge Challenger models available in the United States, so please contact our team to learn more about the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon!